Restorative Strip System
The ContacEZ Restorative Strip System is an innovative, precision dental strip system designed to achieve ideal proximal contact adjustment and complete marginal seating of crowns, veneers, inlays/onlays, and proximal contouring of composite fillings accurately with minimal time and effort.
- Single-handed, ergonomic design offers optimal tactile control and reduces hand fatigue.
- Eliminates the need to hold small restorations and use rotary instruments or articulating films.
- Central opening for visual perception and access for tools.
- Patient-friendly design prevents gagging and soft tissue irritation.
- Flexible strips conform to the natural contours of the teeth to avoid creating sharp corners.
- Autoclavable and reusable.
Are ContacEZ Dental Strips autoclavable?
Yes. ContacEZ Dental Strips autoclavable and multi-usable, however, they are not permanent tools. The manufacturer recommendation is to steam heat autoclave at 270°F for 10 minutes at 30 psi maximum, and to use each strip only 3-5 times for maximum efficiency. All strips should be sterilized prior to the first use and again between each reuse.
Why are ContacEZ Dental Strips flexible instead of rigid?
In the inventor's observation, most proximal contact surfaces curve along the movement of the mandibles. ContacEZ Dental Strips were designed with built-in flexibility to follow those curves, flexing to naturally contour the restoration and the proximal contact surface of adjacent teeth.
Can ContacEZ strips adjust Zirconia crowns?
Yes. ContacEZ Strips can be used for Zirconia crowns the same as Porcelain crowns. ContacEZ diamond strips work with all dental restorative materials including gold, porcelain, composite, amalgam, lava, Zirconia, etc.
Can the ContacEZ Black Diamond Strip be used for cement removal after crown cementation?
No. The ContacEZ Black Diamond Strip is designed to release pressure in the interproximal space and to restore Interproximal Relief prior to definitive crown cementation, not to remove cement. The ContacEZ White Serrated Strip and the ContacEZ Blue Serrated Strip are designed to cut and clean-out excessive cement in the interproximal space.
Which strip should be used to restore a natural finish?
The ContacEZ Gray Final Polishing Strip, (Single-Sided, Ultra-Fine Diamond) is the proximal surface polisher that will restore a natural finish.
Subgingival Strip System
The ContacEZ Subgingival Strip System is designed to safely and conveniently remove hard-to-reach subgingival rough margins and overhangs and polish the surface to restore a natural finish. This system is specially designed to access the subgingival area to make overhang removal simple while preventing damage to patients’ gingival tissue and lips.
- Ultra-narrow strip for hard-to-reach angles
- Built-in flexibility
- Will not cut lips and gums
- Superior grip and handling
- Single-handed, ergonomic design
- Autoclavable and reusable
PrepSure, Crown Prep Guide
PrepSure is a set of innovative crown prep instruments to monitor, achieve, and confirm ideal creation of abutments for crowns and onlays. Achieve ideal abutments with proper occlusal, buccal, lingual, and marginal clearance by evaluating with PrepSure while reducing dental structure with burs and discs.
- Reduces stress and takes out all the guesswork
- Prevents a second impression or digital scan
- Matches indications for all crown materials
- Ideal complement to digital workflows
- Avoids over-reduction of tooth structure
- Autoclavable for exceptional value
IPR Strip System
The ContacEZ IPR Strip System makes interproximal enamel stripping safe and accurate without creating sharp corners or subgingival ledges. Designed for use with Invisalign®, ClearCorrect, eCligner, Six Month Smiles®, and other orthodontic treatments, these flexible diamond strips curve and conform along the natural contours of the teeth to maximize patient comfort and safety.
- Ergonomic single-handed design
- Provides optimal tactile control
- Will not remove excessive enamel
- Prevent sharp corners or subgingival ledges
- Effective for anterior and posterior areas
- Central opening for maximum visual perception
- Saves chair-time
- Will not cut lips or gums
How do ContacEZ IPR Strips prevent sharp corners and subgingival ledges?
The flexible diamond strips—unlike straight strips or discs—curve to create rounded, natural contours on the proximal surfaces of the teeth, thus preventing sharp corners. Subgingival ledges are prevented because the strips can safely be used to reduce the full proximal surface, even slightly below the gumline, without endangering the gingival tissue.
How long will it take to achieve 0.30mm of space when performing IPR with ContacEZ Strips?
Generally, each strip is used for around 4-6 seconds, (with 4-6 back and forth strokes), so, beginning with the thinner strips and working up to the thicker strips, it should take around 30 seconds to achieve 0.30mm of space.
Do you have a solution to help initiate IPR if the contact is too tight?
If the contact is too tight, use the Yellow IPR Starter to initiate IPR. The Yellow Starter is ultra-thin, and is able to get in to any proximal contact.
Why are ContacEZ IPR strips not perforated?
Our solid, diamond-coated, stainless steel strips are designed to offer increased surface area, last longer, and reduce enamel more efficiently. Perforated strips break quickly and leave unwanted scratches on the enamel surface.
SupraDisc, Safe-Edged Diamond Disc
Enjoy safe, effective, and stress-free interproximal reduction with the new, innovative SupraDisc. While traditional diamond discs can carve harmful ledges or gouges into enamel surfaces, SupraDisc uses a unique, non-abrasive edge to make this a thing of the past. Use SupraDisc to improve patient experiences and bring a unique value to your office.
- Prevents the creation of ledges and gouges in the enamel
- Made in Germany, using only the highest quality materials
- Easier to insert into the contact space and keep parallel
- Perfect complement to the ContacEZ IPR Strip System and Accessories
- Slow-Speed Diamond Discs
- Snap-On DiscGuard
- High-Speed Diamond Burs
- Incremental Thickness Gauge
Hygienist Strip, Stain & Plaque Remover
The ContacEZ Hygienist Strip is an advanced, high-precision dental strip designed to completely remove extrinsic discoloration from interproximal surfaces without causing damage to tooth enamel. The non-abrasive, flexible, stainless steel strips clean proximal contact areas of tough coffee, tea, tobacco, and red wine stains quickly, safely, and easily.
- Removes stains and plaque from proximal surfaces
- Leaves a smooth proximal surface for flossing
- Planes and polishes the composite surface
- Removes cement debris and smoothens the margin after crown seating
- Non-abrasive perforated strip protects enamel
- Flexible, highest-quality, stainless steel strip
- Thinner than dental floss
- Autoclavable, steam heat only