PrepSure is a set of innovative crown prep instruments to monitor, achieve, and confirm ideal creation of abutments for crowns and onlays. Achieve ideal abutments with proper occlusal, buccal, lingual, and marginal clearance by evaluating with PrepSure while reducing dental structure with burs and discs. PrepSure is essential for successful crowns and onlays.
PrepSure brings a unique value and quality care to every patient by providing an excellent patient experience when preparing crowns and onlays.
- Reduces stress and takes out all the guesswork
- Prevents a second impression or digital scan
- Matches indications for all crown materials
- Ideal complement to digital workflows
- Avoids over-reduction of tooth structure
- Autoclavable for exceptional value
PrepSure - 1.0mm, 1.5mm, & 2.0mm
Use the appropriate size of PrepSure for the restorative material being used (PrepSure tip sizes are marked on the handle of each instrument). Shop Now
How to most effectively use your
- While performing reduction of the tooth structure, make depth-orientation grooves in the occlusial, buccal, and lingual surfaces to the reduction amount indicated for the desired crown material. Place the appropriate PrepSure tip into these grooves lengthwise to confirm the appropriate depth before continuing reduction. This will ensure adequate clearance on occlusal, buccal, and lingual surfaces of the prepared tooth.
- Once reduction has been completed, place the PrepSure tip marked with an M on the mesial half of the occlusial surface of the prepared tooth. Gently glide the M Tip along the mesial cuspal waves of the prepared tooth, and then repeat this motion on the distal side using the D Tip. Each tip should glide smoothly; if the tip must be forced or snapped through, then this indicates that insufficient depth has been prepared and further reduction is required.
- Once both tips of the PrepSure have been able to pass though the prepared space without getting stuck or requiring excess pressure, the minimum required occlusal clearance for the restoration has been achieved.
- Lastly, when appropriate for the crown material being used, place the 1.0mm PrepSure tip against the prepared gingival chamfer or shoulder margin to confirm that adequate depth has been made for the final restoration.